Unseen Nairobi is an independent cinema, rooftop bar and restaurant, which opened its slightly secret doors in 2020.
At our hidden rooftop, guests can immerse themselves with an intimate cinema experience, whilst enjoying a drink and a view of the city.
Due to high rates of emails and messages, we have included some important policy information below. We hope it is helpful.
With a focus on East African cinema, Unseen is working alongside filmmakers to get people back into the cinema space to enjoy films together, using film to engage people in all aspects of storytelling and visual arts. We curate a monthly, rotating film programme where people can purchase a ticket and watch a movie. See what is showing on the CINEMA page.
*Sadly we cannot refund tickets or change the date if you cannot make the screening.
The Cinema has a capacity of 50 and is available to hire at 5000KSH per hour. This price is based on a two hour minimum.
If you are promoting your own film then you may be entitled to a discount, so drop us an email to discuss your event.
A few things to note before you send us your request:
- The cinema books up very fast so we recommend booking a month in advance. On days that we have our own movie programme it will be occupied from 6.30PM - 8.30PM.
- We will require a 50% deposit to secure your date and time of hire. This is a non refundable and non redeemable deposit unless in special circumstances due to such high demand of the space.
- We recommend booking a time to come by before your screening to test your film with our set up and surround sound. Tests are free of charge. We will require an MP4 from you to play your film of choice. No download links please.
- Sadly we cannot market your event for you unless we have collaborated. Email us if you have an idea for a collaboration!
- Food and drinks from outside our bar and kitchen are not allowed inside the cinema but you can enjoy drinks from our bar whilst watching a film.
We have become a very popular event space for those looking for a relaxed atmosphere in a central location. We always do our best to cater to your personal event needs so we recommend sending us an email to get the discussion started.
A few things to note before you send your request:
- The bar & terrace are not available for exclusive hire but we can reserve an area for your event.
- No live music or DJs for private events, sorry :(
- Capacity is 50 max.
- Rates depend on the food & drink package you require and range from 500KSH (drink only) to 2000KSH per person. You can view our menu on the Food & Drink page.
- To have a shoot (photography or film) at our space we charge 5000KSH per hour with a minimum of two hours.
Email us with your event query
Food & Drinks
We make all of our food and drink fresh on site when we can (even our sauces and marinades), and we hope that freshness makes our food taste as good as it can be.
Our meat is Halal and our fruits and vegetables are organic whenever possible.
We strive ourselves in providing great service and high quality food and drinks so do let us know if you are dissatisfied, and of course when you are very happy with your experience too! We try to offer something different, so we hope you discover a new favourite food or flavour.
Let us know about any allergies you might have and we will do our best to cater to your needs.
Call us to book a table